Collection: Monterey Watch Company
Tim Hermes is the President and Founder of the Monterey Watch Co. and is hopelessy addicted to timepieces. One day during a workout at the local gym, he met Erik Knudsen the Co-Founder, who admitted he was addicted to watch-repair videos on YouTube. Tim had just gotten a DIY watch kit for Christmas and had loved doing a build. So, there was lot to talk about.
Since Tim is an entrepreneur and business guy, and Erik is a mechanical engineer, they decided to try building a few pieces. That, of course turned into people asking to buy them. Thus, MWC was born. Just four months ago.
To move forward, the goal was to make a classic series of watches in three categories:
And the core values are:
- Make an absolutely awesome timepiece that exceeds the value of the actual cost through build quality, source quality, and service quality.
- Do so by minimizing marketing expense and avoid the huge middleman markups.
- Make no pretensions. Be who we are.
- Be completely transparent with our customers.
- Deliver white glove service no matter what the issue.
We would love to hear from you! Suggestions, ideas for new builds, critiques, complaints, compliments - you name it - and we'll reply.
Thanks for stopping by our site. Remember, it's your time.
Tim and Erik